Second Line Support Engineer
No agencies please
Aabyss is growing rapidly, and we are strengthening our technical department. This role is an exciting opportunity for a motivated support engineer to work within an award winning IT managed services provider, and further complement our excellent team.
Based in Hunts Cross, close to Liverpool Airport, Aabyss operate from a modern office building with parking and excellent transport links. We place a strong emphasis on staff development and training and pride ourselves on being an enjoyable place to work. Our 'Core Values' are:
- Do the right thing
- Be Ambitious
- Cutting Edge Knowledge
- Commercially astute
- Do whatever it takes
We deliver a world class service to our clients by having the right skills and right ethos, so time and resources are regularly made available which makes developing our team a must.
2nd Line Support Engineer Role:
The 2nd Line Support Engineer will primarily be working on issues such as workstation problems, printer, networks and peripheral issues that were not able to be resolved by the 1st Line Support team. To provide support for clients on a pre-selected range of technology systems and to undertake a wide range of technical support issues where you will need to be able to provide solutions in a simple, clear, customer friendly manner. Support to the 3rd line team will also be required, enabling you to develop yourself technically.
This role is perfect for an established 1st or 2nd Line Support Engineer looking to challenge themselves and grow. We will support, train and certify you in necessary areas to assist your professional and personal development. You will provide first class support and your ability to resolve a broad spectrum of technical issues will be second to none.
- Regular time and courses for training and development.
- Bright, modern, air-conditioned offices, with great facilities / staff break-out area.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (33 days).
- Private medical insurance.
- Company pension scheme.
- Work in a fun, supportive environment with a like-minded team.
- Flexibility of working hours.
- Regular team building events.
- Answer and resolve technical issues.
- Work as part of a team of engineers including 1st Line, 2nd Line, 3rd Line and Project Engineers to troubleshoot IT issues.
- Log work carried out against tasks and tickets in our PSA system.
- Carry out work in accordance with company standards.
- Document resolutions so that other members of the team can provide ongoing support.
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledge-base as needed.
- Escalate issues with documentation to suitable technical expert or vendor, when required.
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement.
- Experience within a IT Managed Service Provider / Outsourced IT.
- Passion for IT/Tech and desire to succeed.
- Excellent technical knowledge.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems.
- Meticulous and inspired trouble-shooter.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting and telephony system skills.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent understanding of PC and server configuration and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of networking concepts.
- Experience in working with SLA's.
- Ideally have undertaken a similar role or have a minimum of 2 years' experience within a 1st line Support Engineer role in outsourced IT.
- Experience in working with ISO 27001.
- Understanding of ITIL.
- CompTIA - A+
- CompTIA - N+
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship for IT & Telecoms Professionals.
- City & Guilds – Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
- City & Guilds – Level 3 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles.
Key Software Experience Required:
- Office 365 & Microsoft 365.
- Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 & 2016.
Desirable Software Experience:
- Autotask PSA.
- IT Glue.