Support & Installations Engineer
No agencies please
Aabyss is growing rapidly, and we are strengthening our technical department. This role is an exciting opportunity for a motivated IT engineer to work within an award-winning IT managed services provider, and further complement our excellent team.
Based in Hunts Cross, close to Liverpool Airport, Aabyss operate from a modern office building with parking and excellent transport links. We place a strong emphasis on staff development and training and pride ourselves on being an enjoyable place to work. Our 'Core Values' are:
- Do the right thing
- Be Ambitious
- Cutting Edge Knowledge
- Commercially astute
- Do whatever it takes
We deliver a world class service to our clients by having the right skills and right ethos, so time and resources are regularly made available which makes developing our team a must.
Support & Installations Engineer Duties:
- Proactively and reactively resolve technical issues.
- Work as part of a team to troubleshoot IT issues.
- Log work carried out against tasks and tickets in our PSA system.
- Carry out work in accordance with company standards.
- Document resolutions so that other members of the team can provide ongoing support.
- Deliver IT infrastructure projects for managed services clients including scoping, implementing and transition of change projects throughout the business.
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledge base as needed.
- Escalate issues with documentation to suitable technical expert or vendor, when required.
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement.
- Analysis of change works to develop an organisational knowledge base.
You will be a team member working with other on-site and off-site IT Support Engineers. The key responsibility for our IT Support Engineers is to provide software, hardware and network problem resolutions to client technical problems. You will also perform problem diagnosis and guide users through step-by-step solutions in a desktop support-based environment.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
To be successful in this role you will be required to have 2+ years’ experience as an IT Engineer providing support to SME’s and have a passion for IT and technology.
- 2+ years’ experience as an Engineer providing IT support to SME’s;
- Familiar with working to SLA’s to meet both customer and contract requirements;
- Troubleshooting experience to an intermediate level;
- Experience of supporting multi-site clients.
- Valid UK Driving License.
- VoIP Telephony;
- ITIL v3/v4 Foundation;
- Qualified to one of the following - MCSA: Windows Server 2012/2016 or MCSA: Office365 or MCSA: Cloud Platform, CCNA (Switching and routing) - Data Centre Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV)
- Windows Server (2008/2012/2016).
- Office 365.
- PC / Server Hardware.
- Active Directory or Azure AD
- Firewalls (ideally Watchguard)
- Networking, including DNS, DHCP.
- NAS and Storage Technologies.
Personal Skills Required:
- Excellent communications skills.
- Decision making with an analytical mind-set.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Planning and Organisation.
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with technology.
- Company van including free fuel for commuting to work.
- Regular time and courses for training and development.
- Bright, modern, air-conditioned offices, with great facilities / staff break-out area.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (33 days).
- Private medical insurance.
- Company pension scheme.
- Work in a fun, supportive environment with a like-minded team.
- Flexibility of working hours.
- Regular team building events.
Please Note that a DBS check will be required to be successful in attaining this role.